Welfare offer ladbrokes radio_free login sports bet predictor app_free login 188bet philippines
Formerly the OANHSS
AdvantAge Ontario is the re-branded name of the Ontario Association of Non-profit Housing and Services for Seniors (OANHSS) as of April 2017. Despite increasing membership, expanding mandates, and changes in culture, the Ontario Association for Non-Profit Housing Association (OANHSS) has retained a central vision for over 90 years. As its name indicates, the OANHSS represents not-for-profit providers of long term care, services and housing for seniors. Its primary goal has always been "to provide a forum for effective leadership and support and to represent members’ issues with a strong voice so that they remain viable in a competitive and changing environment." For that time, it has aimed to be "the recognized leader and champion" in its industry.
Not-for-profit retirement homes in Ontario are also accountable to the Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority (RHRA), which was created in 2011. This legislative body inspects, regulates, and licenses retirement homes from across the province. It maintains a public registry of licensed senior residences in Ontario. In addition, the RHRA educates residents about their rights and what they should expect from any retirement home. The RHRA will give you some tips on what to look for in a senior community.
AdvantAge Ontario (formerly OANHSS) members: non-profit homes
Pillars of AdvantAge Ontario
Under the name OANHSS, this organization has worked with four fundamental organizational pillars. They are:
- Advocacy: OANHSS has always been one of the foremost advocates for not-for-profit senior homes. It assists members in ensuring that their needs are taken care of.
- Communication: OANHSS has always worked to inform members about information that is relevant to them.
- Members Services: Check out OANHSS’s overview of membership levels.
- Education: "Timely, sector-specific, high quality - OANHSS educational programs and sessions are [have been] intensive, interactive and hands-on, addressing new developments, issues and challenges and providing the knowledge and information organizations need in their day-to-day operations."
Advantages of Non-Profit Retirement Homes
The OANHSS lists several distinct benefits of not-for-profit housing. Some of these include:
- A Community Atmosphere: Because these homes do not earn profit, they require a lot of volunteers who are motivated to help a given community’s residents.
- Re-investment in Care: Taxpayers’ money goes exclusively to caring for a residence’s seniors rather than to investors as profit.
- Innovation: OANHSS points out that "not-for-profits have been at the forefront of innovation in service and delivery."
- Direct Accountability: "Local people, either appointed or elected, sit on the boards and committees of management that govern not-for-profits, and their books are open to the public."
(Updated May 2017. Check back as this organization moves forward with changes.)